≡ Menu

Cuisinart SS-15 Single-Serve Issues

My family bought me a Cuisinart SS-15 coffee maker, a device that has both a carafe (a pot) and a Keurig-compatible single-serve coffee maker.

However, the single-serve side struggled to work; it worked once and then stopped.

The problem seems to be, of all things, the water filter.

I gently used a toothpick to clean out the single-serve needle – which is, BTW, a needle, so it’s rather sharp – and that cleared out some stuff that looked like it came from the water filter packet.

Now it seems like it works properly.

{ 10 comments… add one }
  • Ron Heringslack December 5, 2020, 1:31 pm

we have the same model. the single serve will work with the keurig holder but will not work with the homebarista reusable filter cup. Can not figure out why other than the keurig holder fits into s notch the homebarista does not.

• Jane moffitt December 14, 2020, 6:56 am

My side with the cup leaks why

• Christine December 23, 2020, 10:41 am

Our single serve side has stopped working. It makes a noise like it is getting ready to brew and then stops. When it does that all three size indicator light start flashing and will not brew.

• jottinge December 30, 2020, 9:02 am

Hrm. Mine was acting funny too – it was some material that got caught in the injector. I took a toothpick and cleaned it out (just gently put it in and scraped the sides) and some of the filter matter came out – and it’s worked perfectly ever since.

• Suzanne Blanton January 8, 2021, 1:37 pm

This just happened to mine I bought after Thanksgiving 2020. Did you find out why? Mine also let out a bunch of Steam.

• D January 9, 2021, 1:59 pm

The same thing happened to me. My unit is less than a year old. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

• Suzanne Blanton January 11, 2021, 8:29 am

This happened to me the other day as well, I’m not sure what happened but I cleaned the nozzle and after about 10min of the unit being off it started working again

• K.C. Walbridge January 12, 2021, 3:36 pm

Mine is only brewing cold brown water at this point? It is less than a month old. Any ideas why it is not heating the water?

• jottinge January 12, 2021, 3:41 pm

No, and I’m sorry to hear that! You should probably contact either Cuisinart or the company you bought it from for customer support. Surely it’d be under warranty at this point.

• Anthony Yurgil January 15, 2021, 1:59 pm

It also happened to ours. I used a toothpick and poked inside the needle that punctures the cup. It was jammed with coffee or something. It worked after that and the three lights stopped blinking